Friday, September 28, 2007

Expanding My Horizons...

I never thought at the beginning of summer that by fall I would be featured at two locations at the same time...but I was! The entire month of September I have been the featured artist in Tuxedo's front window. I cannot describe the sense of awe one feels when they see their heart in a window for all to view...I feel a bit like the star-struck starlet who sees her name in lights for the first time!










It was exciting to work with Jeffrey , a set-designer for the Seattle Opera, as he gathered coordinating colored vases to accent my work and to reflect the colors from the afternoon sun into the store. Jeffrey commented that it was a challenge for him for my work is fluid with color and is traditional yet new so it didn't lend itself to being housed in a "box".












Last Saturday I was asked to participate as one of 6 on-site vendors at Olson-Mills fall kick-off sale. Again, what an honor to be have my work showcased in an exclusive store in Bellevue, Wa.

While I was setting up my area, my phone rang and it was a customer just wanting me to know that she loved her purse, had given out all my cards she had on her and wanted to see how I was doing and where was I going to be next? Wow! That is all I can say...how supportive!

It is those calls, emails, conversations over coffee that still keep it exciting to buckle Paris into the passenger seat of my truck and set out with her 1920's steamer wardrobe trunk, that houses her "wardrobe".

I made custom purses, purse hangers and keychains that were designed and commissioned for Olson's clientele.

I had great fun showcasing the horse since I have an old 26 yr old retired pony horse from longacres that I wouldn't trade for anything...a great babysitter for my 7 year old horse enthusiast daughter!






Alongside my textiles I displayed my hand-poured goat-milk soaps that I include with my bathcloths, in my felting kits or on vintage dessert plates.
"long after the last bubble, the memory remains with the vintage plate"


After having a memorable day at Olson's, they invited me back for their "artist" open house in December. Can't wait!


















































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: