Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm Branded over Breakfast...





There I am, larger than life...




While having breakfast with my husband at the local cafe, we started thinking about logos.



Fortunately the table was covered in white paper so I asked the server for crayons...she said I was an adult, I could use a pen. I declined and said I prefered the crayons. I have no idea why, but a pen didn't seem appropriate.



We drew F's all over that paper, different fonts, sizes, positions, words until our eggs and bacon were nearly finished. "What about horns?" My husband looked at me like I had lost my mind, especially since I was not given the gift of 2-dimensional art. "Why not horns? I use the mohair from my angora goats and our buck has lovely horns?"


With much enthusiasm I childishly drew a logo with my crayons. I tore off the paper, stuffed it into my coat pocket, my husband paid the tab and then I thought...now what?


In my pocket is where that piece of paper remained...


A few weeks after that inspirational breakfast, I participated in the Evergreen Classic Equestrian Art Show in Carnation. Alongside my booth was a talented glass artist who had purchased a pair of my gloves, but had asked that she have the cufflinks replaced with some that were not equestrian themed. We set a date for coffee one morning, and in the mean time I made her a matching scarf as a gift to thank her for her support which was inspirational and infectious! Another one of those people that God brings into our lives to give us encouragement and direction.



That sunny Tuesday morning while sitting at the sidewalk cafe, I showed her my logo drawing to get her comments. She immediately offered to create it for me once she saw the concept.


So, again, with a lot of help from my friends, Barbara took my idea and transformed it into something even more special than I could have dreamt. What a lovely pen and ink artist she is. It took and still takes my breath away!



This logo is now found on all my work. I incorporate it into the fiber of my fabrics to remind me of how important and inspirational time with my family (that breakfast), time with my friends (that coffee) and time with my animals (horns) is.
Catherine




















1 comment:

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful Purse!
Sandra Evertson